Monday, June 08, 2009

Pizza Pouches Recipe



I found this recipe in Cookie Magazine, Feb. 09 issue. I've never been able to find this recipe online so I'll write it out here. So easy (about 35 minutes total time) and tasty. Enjoy!!

(1) 16 oz bag store-bought pizza dough
{I use Pillsbury...it's just easiest}
6 Tbs fresh or jarred marinara sauce
6 store-bought turkey meatballs
{I use Trader Joe's regular meatballs - not turkey}

6 Tbs shredded mozzarella
1 Tbs grated Parmesan
1 egg
1 tsp milk

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll the dough out about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into eighths
3. Grease a muffin tin. Line each cup with a piece of dough, letting the excess hang over the sides.
4. Fill each with 1 Tbs of sauce and 1 meatball {I heat these beforehand}
5. Gather each bit of excess dough up around the filling, pinching it together at the top
6. Whisk the egg with the milk to make a wash. Brush it onto each pouch.
7. Bake until golden, 15 to 20 minutes.

Freeze these for up to a month for a quick microwaveable dinner.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: