Saturday, January 15, 2011

HCG.1 Day Eight

Guess what, Party People?! I can drink VODKA on this diet. All I have to say is that it's way better going to bed drunk than hungry! ;)

Juuuuust kidding. I had one cocktail last night: 1 part vodka, 2 parts club soda, 3 lime slices, 3 frozen strawberries and 1/2 packet of Stevia.

Right?!? It was yummy. I might have this for lunch! No food...just drink.

Anywho. Yesterday I lost 2 lbs which was really fun. This morning I lost another pound. All in all, I've lost about 10 pounds since last Friday (but keep in mind, I gained 2 pounds after the fat loading days).

I was hungry the past two. So hungry that my stomach literally growled out loud one time. The hunger seemed to pass quickly because it wasn't debilitating or anything. In fact, I was surprised to hear the tummy rumble at all. I figured I was either becoming less head hungry or the hormone was kicking in and taking care of the hunger.

Well....today I realized that there's a really good possibility that I've been injecting myself with AIR for the past two days. You know, as I think about the facts, I'm positive. So, for the past two days I've basically been starving myself. But truthfully, after having been on the diet for six days already, I know my appetite has shrunk and maybe my body was a little used to consuming so little food because at the end of the day I wasn't withering away from hunger.

This may account for the 2 pound loss the other day.

I took the injection today so we'll see if I feel any different physically.

We bought talapia at Whole Foods yesterday (on sale for $4.99/lb!). It was delicious. Salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon salt, garlic....yum yum. Side of steamed asparagus. Tasty to my taste buds.

The night before I made hamburger patties with diced onion (not really supposed to mix foods like that but I did), fresh thyme, salt and pepper. And on the side we had sliced cucumber soaked in cider vinegar.

The food is good. It's the portion sizes I take issue with. I'm done eating in about 1 minute. Two bites of meat. Four bites of veggie. I swallow the Melba toast whole.

The point of eating dinner should be an enjoyable experience, right? Do skinny people have a different mind set here? Is the point of a great date not the food? Is it really a celebration without appetizers and dessert? Is there even a movie happening at all if there's no popcorn with extra butter present?

These are the thoughts I'm dealing through.

I've always been fascinated that Kevin can leave ONE french fry on his plate. What is that? "I'm full" he says. SO AM I but I'm not fool enough to leave one lone french fry?! There are people starving to death is Africa, honey. And so I eat his fry.

I could eat a whole pizza in one sitting - no problem. I could. And thinking about it now makes me want to do just that. One of those preservative-filled Totino's frozen pizza!! Covered in ranch. Ok. I'll stop now.

So....it's Noon.

It's happy hour somewhere, right? CHEERS

1 comment:

Kevin Sturm said...

Please starting putting these as Notes on Facebook. Share it with the world. You are seriously funny and I love you!