Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Messy Party!

Here are the invitations we made for Brody's 3rd Birthday Party. A Messy Party! They were created by Brody with watercolor and finger paints. The "M" is a stamp and I wrote out "essy" on a stripe of white acrylic paint. On the back were the details. I threw in some staples on some of them to add a random, junky feel. Over-all I am totally thrilled with them! We sent 6 by mail and invited most of the kids in his pre-school class (an additional 7). 8 kids total RSVP'd which was perfect.

The party was at our house which I knew would make things less stressful. Last year was such an ordeal with having to make and transport all the food and equipment to the park that I just didn't want to deal with all that being big-huge pregnant.

The day of the party was perfect. It is usually overcast on Brody's birthday because of the time of year. Thankfully we have been blessed with rainless birthday parties so far! We had several stations: an awesome painting station which Kevin set up, sidewalk chalk & chalk paint station, water and food coloring station, bird-seed feeder station, and a planting station. Plus water guns! Let me just say, this was a FUN party. By the end of it all they were wet and dirty and painted various colors from head to toe. All-in-all a true success!

I can't believe that my little Bubba is 3. How on earth can he be so big? His little personality is so precious and let me tell you something...this kid has a heck of a sense of humor. He's hysterical funny and I literally want to be around him all the time.

I hope you had a great party, Bubba. You are my sweet baby boy. Happy Birthday, my love.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: