Sunday, June 22, 2008

I May Never March In The Infantry...

Brody has been singing this classic church song for the past couple of weeks. Last week, at Aunt Sharron and Uncle Don's house, he & Cousin Malena danced around and sang it at the top of their tiny little lungs while Aunt Sharron hammered it out on her gorgeous baby grand. "Sing with me!"

I may never march in the infantry

Ride in the cavalry

Shoot the artillery

I may never zoom o'er the enemy

But I'm in the Lord's army. YES, SIR!

I'm in the Lord's army, YES SIR! I'm in the Lord's army. YES, SIR!

I may never march in the infantry,

Ride in the cavalry

Shoot the artillery

I may never zoom o'er the enemy, But I'm in the Lord's army. YES, SIR!

I love that he's learning these songs so early. The best part is that he learns a lot of them from his preschool where they have weekly chapel. He learned Deep & Wide there - hand motions and everything. And I Gotta River of Life. How precious is that? He even learned the "Johnny Appleseed song" (as the Johnson/Sturm family calls it) from school and now it's our nightly prayer before dinner.

On our way home from church this morning, I pointed out a wake boarder to Brody (yes, our drive to church is along the Pacific coast!) and he of course asked, "Why?". Not knowing how to answer that question I proceeded to explain the process of being pulled by a boat and being able to stand up on the water and ski, surf or even walk. He said, "Like Jesus?". I mean, seriously. The kid is paying attention!

Kevin an Brody read Bible stories every night from Brody's children's Bible. It is so rewarding when he says things like this. He's listening. He is understanding. Even though he doesn't realize it completely, he's learning. I'm thrilled that Bubba has the influence of Sunday School, preschool chapel and home (Veggie Tales counts, right?) at such an early age. We pray for him every day. Most nights, I try to stand outside his room as he sleeps and thank God for the little man he is and the Godly man he is to become...and that I'll have more patience with him tomorrow than I did today.

Keep singing, son. You are a precious gift. YES, SIR!Posted by Picasa

No comments: