Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day


We celebrated Father's Day on Saturday. When Brody woke up at about 7:45am I went to get him (Saturday's are usually Kevin's) and we brought Daddy breakfast in bed: a bagel egg sandwich with cheese and extra Miracle Whip and fresh cut strawberries and a glass of orange juice. We had to rush b/c Kevin's gift was a full body massage at 9am!

The rest of the morning was spent playing around. We went to one of our favorite parks in town and enjoyed being one of only a couple of families there. I fall deeper in love with Kevin every time I witness him playing with B. Kevin is such an amazing father. When he and Brody are playing it is full throttle (which why there are often times where B ends up wailing because he feel down, bonked his head, scraped his knee, etc.). Even still, I am so thankful that Brody has these times with his dad. When Daddy gets home it's 'run-around-wrestle-play-ball-chase-flip-upside-down' time mixed in with a lot of hugs and kisses. Brody and I look forward to Daddy getting home all day! You should see the excited sparkle in B's eyes when he hears the garage door go up. So precious.

For dinner we rode our bikes to a local beach-side restaurant and I was watching Kevin and Brody run around on sand I realized once again how blessed my life is and how I absolutely do not deserve this man, child, life. God expects more from me and I owe it to my family to raise my standard for myself. There is so much to do. So much to offer. My husband inspires me to be a better parent and partner. My son inspires me to be a better mother. My God inspires me to be a better human. "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Happy Father's Day, my love. What an amazing father you are. Thank you for all that you do to provide for and lead our family. I love you so much.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: