Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Brain Wrinkle: Asia

My girlfriend Rachael is very proud of her working knowledge of Asia and it's people. After our Lita Weekend in May I decided maybe I should study up on the continent of Asia and I decided to start with the basic GEOGRAPHY. I'm embarrassed to say that I had NO idea of some of the coutries in Asia.

Russia (what?!)
Kazakhstan
Uzbekistan
Afghanistan
Iran
India
Iraq
Israel !!!!!

You'd think that if I somehow missed that Isreal was in Asia during 9th grade Geography class I might have picked it up somewhere along the way in church. But no. It had to be during independent study - thanks to my girl, Rita - that I learn something this important!

You can think I'm a dork but I don't think I'm alone in this geographical ignorance. Now that we all agree on this, can we talk about the fact that Jesus was Asian!? ;)

No comments: