My second Three Things entry and I'm already behind! Wasn't able to post on Friday b/c we had some very precious friends in town (photos to follow).
1. www.freerice.com is a very cool website that has two goals:
1. Provide English vocabulary to everyone for free.
2. Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.
2. Freegans! Oprah did a show on freegans the other week and quite honestly I can not get them out of my head. "Freegans are people who employ alternative strategies for living based on limited participation in the conventional economy and minimal consumption of resources." Basically, they do their grocery shopping from garbage bins. Listen, I'm not condeming. I'm actually excited about the idea of free food and any other usable goods and might even consider the idea if I didn't think Kevin would leave me immediately. I even had a dream that I tried dumpster diving at Scolari's!!
3. Cloth Diapers! You know..they are not your mother's cloth diapers. They don't even require safety pins anymore! My girlfriend Julie (who is due shortly after Baby Sister) is going for it, bless her heart. It's her first and I'm eager to see how it goes. Fuzzi Bunz, Happy Heinys, Mother Ease, Bumkins, but my favorites are the g Diapers.