Wednesday, October 18, 2006

There was a time...

...not so long ago (even tho it was) I was a half-way decent cheerleader. I don't want to get into the 'atheletic sport' debate (it is, by the way) but I think we can all agree that there is a certain amount of coordination involved with being a half-way decent cheerlearder. That said, I think I've lost all capacity to even pretend that I am or ever was a half-way decent cheerleader. Today, while visiting with my Freshman cheerleader neighbor, I was so bold as to imitate a motion. Do you know what she said to me? "Stop! You look just like my parents." Pause. I was horrified. I absolutely remember telling my mom (the captain of her HS drill team squad, mind you) to 'STOP! YOU LOOK REDICULOUS!' Oh...my....gosh. I'm an uncoordinated, uncool, uncheerleader mom-type now. How the hell did that happen? And how do I make it stop!??!

No comments: