Wednesday, December 20, 2006

No. I don't work here!

I can't tell you how many times I'm mistaken for a store/some-place-I-don't-work employee. Actually, I could but I wont. I'm not completely proud of these moments because mostly they are all times when I probably look like a Ross/Days Inn/Home Depot (in this case, I was 7 months pregnant and sitting in a chair reading a flipping book!!)/etc. employee. My mom, who works a retail position, is always asked if she owns the store she works at. She attributes this to the fact that she has fake (very classy) nails. I find it hard to not take this personal. I also find it difficult to believe that it's not prejudice thing.

However. I don't put on make-up most days, I never brush (like with a brush) my hair and I take a shower maybe every other day. Also, I dress down. Very down. Tshirt and cut-off sweat pants down in public! It's sad really. And the thing is - I clean up pretty nicely, if I do say so myself.

For 2007 I'm going to make more of an effort to look presentable when going out in public. Touch of make up. Clean hair. I might even start 'getting ready for the day' as some might say! But the biggest correction I'll make this year will be to dress in clothing that doesn't make me look like I just came from the gym. Dressing up comes with additional responsibility such as getting in shape AND spending money on clothes. It's been a long time since I've bought new, fashionable, figure-flattering clothes. I guess it's time.

I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions. More for New Year's themes. This year's theme will follow the theme of this blog (No Regrets...) and also a theme to be MY very best. And to stop being mistaken for a blankity-blank store EMPLOYEE!!

No comments: